The course is accredited with a total of 8 CPD points being 4 General and 4 Ethics points from the Colleges of Medicine in South Africa – CMSA.
What is the Perinatal and Neonatal Palliative Care course about?
Perinatal palliative care encompasses holistic care of the fetus or newborn baby diagnosed with a life-limiting condition either in pregnancy or soon after delivery and includes providing support to the parents, siblings, and other close family members. It requires timely decision-making, planning and a focus on improving their quality of life through a continuum of care from diagnosis, through death and into the bereavement period. The modules and topics within this course include:
- Introduction to perinatal palliative care
- Providing palliative care in the antenatal period
- Care and support during labour and immediately after delivery
- Care and support during the neonatal period
- Key considerations in perinatal palliative care