While our courses are particularly relevant to South Africa and countries in sub Saharan Africa they also have global relevance. The courses offer an interactive and immersive experience and encourage participants to reflect on their own experiences caring for children with palliative care needs. Short quizzes, activities, videos and revision exercises interspersed through the courses will help to hold your interest and to instill new knowledge.
Continuing Professional Development Points
Our available course have been assigned General or Ethics Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by The Colleges of Medicine of South Africa for the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programme of the Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
Three of our courses have been assigned CPD points by the Council for Pastoral and Spiritual Counsellors (CPSC).
- Cultural Competence and Spiritual Care (3 General and 2 Ethics CPD points)
- Communication in Children’s Palliative Care (3 General points)
- Supporting Grieving Children in the Time of COVID-19 (4 General CPD points)
Two of our courses have been assigned CPD points from the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP).
- Communication in Children’s Palliative Care (2.5 CPD points for Social Workers)
- Psychosocial Support in Children’s Palliative Care (3 CPD points for Social Workers)
We offer discounted fees to groups and organisations
We know that times can be tough and we are looking for ways to support organisations and charities who work with children with palliative care needs. We are very happy to offer a group discount on the price of our courses as follows:
- For 3 or more members of staff or people affiliated to an organisation we will offer a 5% discount
- For 5 or more members of staff or people affiliated to an organisation we offer a 7.5% discount
- For 10 or more members of staff or people affiliated to an organisation we offer a 10% discount
Should you wish to chat to us to negotiate a price for your organisation, please contact Sue on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her on 0823744632