How to register for a course
Is this your first time here?
Welcome to Patch Academy and thank you for choosing to register for one or more of our courses. In order to take any of the courses you’ll need to follow these simple steps:
- Click on the See More button for the course that you wish to take and then click on Take this Course
- Click on Add to basket and then on View basket and if you are happy with your purchase, Proceed to checkout. Please note that this process will also happen for our FREE courses.
- If you have a coupon code for the course, please insert this code where indicated.
- Please fill in the billing details and the registration details that we require for statistical purposes in the form provided. Don’t forget to check the POPIA compliance button at the end of the form before proceeding.
- Click on Place order.
- If you have chosen a FREE course or have a coupon code for the full amount, check your email Inbox for a link to the course and a computer generated password. If payment is required, you will be taken to a PayFast payment gateway.
- Once you have paid, you will receive an email confirming payment and providing you with a link to the course or courses you have purchased. You will also be provided with your user name and a computer generated password, which you can change once you have logged into your account.
- From now on you will only need to enter your personal username and password on the My Account page to log in and access any course you have enrolled in. You will have unlimited access to your purchased course – there is no time limit for you to complete it.
- All courses must be completed online and cannot be downloaded.
- If you are having any problems, please contact our Training Manager at email@example.com
How to receive your CPD points
If you require Continuing Professional Development Points
ALL of our courses have been assigned General or Ethics Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by The Colleges of Medicine of South Africa for the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programme of the Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
The following courses have been assigned CPD points from the Council for Pastors and Spiritual Counsellors (CPSC):
- Cultural Competency and Spiritual Care in Children’s Palliative Care
- Communication in Children’s Palliative Care
- Supporting Grieving Children in the Time of COVID-19
The following course has been assigned CPD points from the South African Council for Social Service Providers (SACSSP)
- Communication in Children’s Palliative Care (2.5 pts)
- Psychosocial Support in Children’s Palliative Care (3 pts)
Once you have completed your course, gained over 80% for the final quiz and downloaded your certificate, please email our Training Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will verify your results and provide you with your CPD certificate via return of email.